As a building owner or manager, protecting the value of your asset is a top priority.
That means investing in preventive maintenance to preserve the appearance and condition of your facade. A beautiful exterior makes a strong first impression while protecting your building’s interior.
By guarding against future damage and correcting small problems early, you can reduce the need for more costly repairs down the road. For an effective maintenance program, you’ll want to work with professional refinishers who understand the different sources of damage affecting your facade. Your maintenance provider must also have the flexibility to customize restoration techniques for specific building materials in different geographc regions.
Facade Damage Over Time
Routine maintenance is easy to ignore because most facade damage doesn’t happen all at once. Instead, it accumulates over months and years. Many factors will degrade the condition of your facade:
- The age of your building
- Construction mateials
- Local climate, including temperature, precipitation, winds and ultraviolet radiation
- Presence of atmospheric salts and other pollutants
As time passes, your building eventually takes on a dirty, outdated appearance. Excessive soiling may conceal structural defects, while water penetration weakens many building materials. In the absence of routine repair, the integrity and value of your asset will eventually be compromised.
Investing in Facade Repair & Restoration
Regular inspections will uncover small problems in need of repair. Professional facade refinishers work to maintain facade coatings and substrates to make sure they not only look good but remain in good condition. Proactive maintenance also plays a supportive role in waterproofing your building’s exterior.
High-performance paints, coatings and sealants formulated for specific materials can extend the life of your facade. Regular cleaning between maintenance appointments is recommended to clear away debris which could degrade the finish.
- Metal: Exterior metal loses its luster and color as it ages. Refinishing with high-performance coatings helps to retain the beauty and function of anodized aluminum, stainless steel, copper and other architectural metals.
- Masonry and stone: If your masonry looks dirty, it likely needs more than just cleaning. High-quality sealing and caulking are needed to prevent water penetration and extend the life of the material.
- Exterior glass: Specialized treatments correct or reduce the appearance of hard water stains, etching and scratching.
At Mid America Specialty Services, our professional refinishers have the knowledge and experience to restore and maintain your facade for years to come. We provide service for renovations, one-time repairs and custom service contracts.
Contact us today for more information.