As the first thing prospective tenants and customers see, the outside of your building plays a big role in making the right impression.
That makes it all the more important to keep your metal surfaces in good condition, for enhancing appearance and function, and ultimately as an investment in the long-term value of the building.
One option is a professional application of exterior metal paint. It’s a great option for either revitalizing the metal on an existing building or creating the right look for a new project. Our experts at Mid America Metals offer commercial painting services for your business.
Selecting the right paint and the correct application for metal surfaces can go a long way toward enhancing and updating the look of your building.
For example, UMB Bank spruces up its Kansas City headquarters every year, prior to the company’s annual shareholders’ meeting.
- Management enlists the help of experts from Mid America Metals, who paint the large metal columns that surround the building and also line the courtyard.
- The old finish is stripped away and a new high performance coating is applied to achieve a uniform smooth finish.
- Mid America Metals also treats UMB’s outdoor light fixtures.
What’s the Process for Painting Exterior Metal?
According to Mid America Metals, painting exterior commercial metal is different from painting your house on the weekend. It takes more than a simple paint and brush.
- Step 1: Preparation. The key to any successful paint project is preparing the surface to receive the new finish. Depending on the existing conditions, the service provider may have to chemically strip or sand the old coatings off. Scratches can be sanded out or filled prior to priming and painting to achieve a smooth surface.
- Step 2: Masking. Before applying paint, the provider must mask adjacent surfaces to protect them from overspray. This also helps to create clean cut lines for more professional-looking results.
- Step 3: Application. Paints or coatings are applied using an HVLP (high volume low pressure) spray applicator. This helps the paint lay smoother and results in a more uniform finish. Rolling or brushing paint often results in visible streaks and an uneven finish.
The UMB project takes over 1,200 of hours of meticulous work by highly trained metal refinishing specialists. Mid America Metals performs similar exterior metal painting on a variety of surfaces:
- Window frames
- Entrance doors, handles, and revolving doors
- Elevator entrance frames and doors
- Light fixtures
- Signage and other accents
There are many different kinds of paint for metal surfaces. The type of paint and application method selected for a particular job will depend on the type of metal being treated.
Do you need to maintain or update the look of your exterior metal? Contact Mid America Metals. Our exterior metal paint experts can answer your questions and help you keep your building looking its best for years to come.